Ohio University

Ohio University
Scripps College of Communication

Thursday, January 16, 2014

- Welcome to MDIA 1020 -


Hello Everyone! 

Welcome to the first day of Media and the Creative Process. I am a graduate of the School of Media Arts & Studies and had the privilege of teaching a lab for this class as a graduate student. I consider Dayton, Ohio home, but have lived in Cleveland for the past few years and frequently travel to the east coast to visit family. 

Fun Fact: I was a DJ/On-Air Announcer for WOUB during my graduate assistantship and had the time of my life doing it - even the days that I was clearly sleep deprived with mountains of papers to type and exams to take. 

                    Guidance & Freedom                 
Please read the syllabus carefully and set deadlines to ensure quizzes and exams are completed on time. But also remember to have fun, be creative, and by all means share your creativity with those outside of our virtual classroom on Blackboard.  
                                                       Twitter users - #MDIACreates 
As explained in the syllabus, "It is important for media makers to be able to communicate with each other." 
Let's not limit the conversation about class or ongoing projects to a discussion board. To ensure the best experience possible, I encourage you to utilize every available space to learn, discuss, critique, and share. 
Your Blogger accounts, Blackboard, Twitter, and even Facebook will be great resources to explore different ways of both sharing a creating media that best represents you. 
The completion of this class is one of many very important steps for anyone planning to declare Media Arts and Studies as their major. Therefore, please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you be successful in doing so.  
Always feel free to email me with any questions over the next few months. Unless I am on the road - again - you can always expect a response within 24 hours or less. If your question or concern is urgent, I am also available via phone during the specified times you will see in my weekly emails. 
Looking forward to a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment